Friday, July 30, 2010

It's Cardabilities reveal day!!

Once again we reach the end of yet another month and therefore it's time for my Cardabilities reveal for sketch #8.  This month we switched it up a bit and Karan made a circular sketch for us to work with.

Here's my take on the sketch.  To create the scallops, I used a circle punch and adhered them around the outside of my circle base.  Yes it does take a bit of work but if you don't have an electronic cutter (or you can't figure out how to get yours working on a new computer---- as what happened with me for this card) then you can still create a scalloped card base easily. 

I chose to work with a garden theme for this card and used papers from Cosmo Cricket (mostly Garden Variety) and this cute Pure Innocence "Mud Buddies" image from My Favorite Things.

Be sure to stop by the Cardabilities blog and check out all the other interpretations and the sketch.  Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Pure Innocence Mud Buddies set from My Favorite Things (P.S.  I linked to all the Pure Innocence images.  If you don't see this particular set, it's just sold out so check back later)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Material Girl, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety, Prism Simply Smooth cardstock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories:  Ribbon from Renaissance by Design, Stickles, Copic Markers, button, Marvy circle punch

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

love, love, love your oh-so-sweet card!!!!!!!! I'm a ginormous cosmo cricket fan and that PI image is absolutely perfect!! Just noticed you're in ontario...I was born there:)

Craftylicious said...

OooOOooo that's just too cute!!! :) Love everything about your card...and the glitter on the PI image, awesome gurl! :)

Karli said...

I luuuv this line of Cosmo Cricket papers! his PI stamp is so cute :) Great take on the sketch! Hugs!

Tammy said...

This card is so adorable! It just screams "sweet!" I love it.

Rhonda V. said...

This is so adorable! I just love that image and the colors you used!!!