Thursday, July 15, 2010

When life gives you lemons......Cardabilities reveal day!

It's July 15th and time for this month's first Cardabilities reveal! 

I'd love to share today how this card came into being.  During my blog surfing last week someone shared a card using a digital freebie from the Facebook group for Whimsie Doodles.  Right away I thought to stamp some lemons from my Renaissance by Design "Summer Fruit" set to use as scallops and to use the digital sentiment as the focal point.

I printed the sentiment onto Copic-friendly cardstock, coloured the lemon and created a scalloped mat with some green paper and my Spellbinders die.  The lemon scallops were created using two different tones of yellow Distress Ink and punched out with a circle punch before adhering to the card base.  The green ribbon (from RBD) was pleated and adhered with my new favourite adhesive---Beacon 3 in 1---which dries completely clear and is SUPER tacky.  So after all that blabbing, here's my card:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Summer Fruit set (lemons) from Renaissance by Design
Digital sentiment:  Whimsy Doodles (Facebook group freebie)
Papers:  Sassafras, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink (Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw)
Accessories:  Ribbon from Renaissance by Design, Making Memories pin, Marvy circle punch, Copic Markers, Spellbinders die

14 comments:

Wendy said...

Holy smokes!! What a great card!! This is MY motto!!! Love it!!

Cindy Coutts said...

This card rocks. LOVE that ribbon treatment and all of those lemons in different hues with dimension.

Kristine Reynolds said...

OMG JEN!!! I so love this card! Where to start? I love the lemon scallops! I love the pleated ribbon....and of course I love the sentiment. Just perfect!

Tracey said...

I LOVE this Jen!! The ribbon is fabulous!!

Rhonda V. said...

This is an amazing card! I adore your lemon scallops and that fabulous ribbon! You totally rocked this gf!!!

Karli said...

LUUUUUUUUUUV this card!!! Luv the little lemon wedges as the border, the fun, cheery colors, & that is one of my fav sentiments! Luv it all!!! Luuuuv what you did with the sketch. Big Hugs!

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness......I love what you've done with the sketch!!!!!!! Gotta love your citrus goodness packed card!!

Craftylicious said...

Such a yummy card!!!! :) Totally love this cheery card!!!

Tammy said...

I agree -- a yummy card! Love the bright, cheery colors.

kristie sessions said...

Oh Jen.... be still my beating heart! LOVE the lemons, LOVE the yellow, LOVE the ribbon! Fabulous fabulous card! (oh, and did I say I love the sentiment too, cause i do!)

JeanFB said...

This is so clever!! I will definitely have to try that scalloped lemon edge - love it!

Nerina said...

This is one gorgeous card! It sure brought a huge smile to my face :0) Your lemon scallops are absolutely wonderful and your ribbon treatment is fabby! Gorgeous!

Sherrie Reusch said...

This is so creative and so cheery. I have to make one! TFS!

Zarah said...

WOW!!! That card is just stuuuuuunning!!!