Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Every Girl Deserves a MFT VIP set (I mean Fairy Tale)

Welcome to your last stop on the MFT VIP blog hop!  You should have arrived from Michele's amazing blog.  If not, hop on over to the Kim's blog to start at the beginning. full list of participants.

In case all you die-hard MFT-ers don't recognize me, I am this month's Guest Designer.  I am truly honoured to be wearing the MFT "crown" for the month and looking forward to sharing with you (and yes, I'm Canadian if you're wondering why I use "u"s with crazy abandon ;)

And now onto my project.......I used the Who's That Girl "Well Read" set to create this retro inspired card.  When I chose these papers from the Sassafras Indie girl collection the floral paper reminded me of wall paper from the 1970s so that was my starting point.  I created a 70s style living room scene complete with a gold couch and some green carpet ;)

Supplies:
Stamps:  Who's That Girl "Well Read" set from My Favorite Things
Papers:  Perfect Paper Panels from MFT, Sassafras Indie Girl, Bazzill
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Prima Pearls and flowers, Cricut Wild Card Cartridge (card base), Copic markers

And now more details about the September VIP kit.......The kit is only available tonight (August 17th) until August 18th at 11:59 PM EST. 

The September VIP kit ($40.75) includes:
  • Who's That Girl (WTG) Well Read stamp set
  • Notebook edge dienamics
  • 10 yards (2 yds each of 5 colors) striped twill ribbon
  • Basic grey basics pad (white)
  • Neutral baby braddies collection (black, white, cream and brown)
In addition, don't forget that there are two new red rubber à la mode stamps available tonight:
Thanks for stopping by and happy shopping!!

21 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love round cards Jenn, this one is FABULOUS.

Sherrie said...

So glad to have you on the hop Jenn....love your circle card...so cute!

Leigh OBrien said...

Gorgeous coloring and that card base had me gasping, Jenn. So fun!

StampOwl said...

love your circle card jen

Kerry J. said...

Love it Jen! Your paper choices are perfect and I love your shaped card! And you know that I love your "u" usage! So glad you're joining us this month!

Wendy said...

Look at us Canucks rocking the MFT hop!!! This is totally wicked girlfriend!!! Way to end the hop on the top girl!

Joanne B. said...

Gorgeous. And, I looooove the color and texture on the book cover. This is stunning!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So fun to be hopping with you once again, Jen! And your '70s inspired card is the bomb! Love that tiled floor board, and your divine coloring. You rock, girlie!

Alex said...

OMG!! your coloring is divine!! I just looove your shaped card - how fun! Stunning!!

Tracey said...

Ooooh, this is incredible Jen!! I love the shape and that row of flowers is yummy!

Kelli said...

Look at that MFT CRown sittin all nice and pretty like on your head!!! I LOVE this card and TOTALLY laughed about the 70's reference, I just wish our carpet growing up would have been half as cool of a green carpet!!!! LOL

Congrats again and am excited to see what "U" come up with!!!! 8)

Hugs kj

Melody said...

Hi Jennifer!! I just love the round card! And great paper choices!

Lisa H. said...

round and scallops! what's not to love. this is soooo cute. glad you are hangin' with us this month.

Christina Fischer said...

LOVE this 70's room -- that wallpaper makes me smile! Your card base is fantastic!

I'm so glad you're joining us this month! :)

Julie said...

So thrilled to have you join us this month Jennifer! I'm a big fan of your work!

This card is gorgeous! Love the 70's theme!

Megan said...

That card base is such fun! I love how you put this whole thing together. :)

Barbara said...

So great to have you hopping with us this month, Jen! Love your card--I don't do round cards well but you've rocked this one! Great job!

okcapitolgirl said...

Jennifer - This is so great! Love the out of the box option of making a round card! The coloring is wonderful!

g said...

totally adorable- i love round cards! awesome coloring & i love all the flowers! can't wait to see more awesome DT samples from you & of course read more U's- love that!!

Shaz Wall said...

Great card! I can never do round card but you are a master. I'm for Ontario too.. how cool is that?!?

Jessie/knightrone said...

So cute and fun!!