Monday, August 2, 2010

Have a 3D blooming good day!

If you're looking for the Verve blog hop post, please scroll down.

Well as you can probably tell by my last several posts, I got my Silhouette machine up and running again.  It had been gathering dust beside our new computer for a while now so I finally hooked it up, upgraded it for Vista and got it running.  Boy oh boy, I am totally back in love with it!! The designs available on the Silhouette web site are amazing and soooo cheap (less than $1 each) compared to back in the day when I paid $10 for ONE design!!

Anyways, here's another card I created with my Silhouette---I think it's definitely one of my top 5 favourite cards that I've created.

I bought the flower shaped card template from the Silhouette store and cut it out three times with different papers:  one for the card base out of thicker cardstock and twice out of patterned paper to decorate.  I assembled the card and made it sturdy by layering the papers onto the cardstock base.  The card was then dressed up with a Pure Innocence stamped image, some die cut mats and ribbon.  The sentiment was stamped onto the ribbon with Palette Noir ink.  For the inside I cut a sage mat and matted it onto a dark pink floral scallop. 

Thanks for stopping by!!

A glimpse of the inside:




Supplies:
Stamps: Pure Innocence Flower Girl by My Favorite Things, Owls and Bluebells (sentiment) by My Favorite Things
Paper: K and Co, Prism Simply Smooth cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Palette Noir
Accessories: Prima flowers and pearls, Renaissance by Design ribbon, Stickles, QK Silhoutte (template from the Silhouette store), Spellbinders, Copic markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder

4 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, this is so neat! Love the shape and the layers, what a creative and unique card :-)

Mary said...

really gorgeous jen!

Kristine Reynolds said...

what an awesome card Jen. You are so dang creative!

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT!! Congrats on winning with this FABULOUS card.