Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I made you a mixed tape

Here's something a little different from me---a hybrid card that's a bit funky. 

Today is my hubby's birthday and I wanted to make him a cool card.  He is a totally 80s guy so when I saw this cassette tape digital freebie (from SJ's Musings Freebie Friday) I knew it was *PERFECT*.  The "I made you a mixed tape" sentiment is 80s code for "I love you"---remember that??? 

I added the text to the .png of the image using Photoshop and then assembled my card using some older masculine Basic Grey papers, a music themed Cuttlebug folder and my dymo tape gun.  I used this week's 2 Sketches for You (sketch 58) to pull it all together.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Digital stamp freebie cassette tape from http://scrappyfairy.blogspot.com/
Papers:  Basic Grey, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accessories:  Dymo labeler, Cuttlebug embossing folder, distress ink

5 comments:

sarahw said...

I love this! Great job creating a masculine card. I remember making mixed tapes for the boys in my life.

Angelnorth said...

Somehow the iPod Shuffle just doesn't have the same romance about it, does it? Fantastic card Jen, love it!

HappyCrafter said...

What a fabulously creative card! I do remember those mixed tapes LOL!

Kazan Clark said...

awwwww I LOVED mixed tapes!!! What an awesomely fabulous card
Thanks so much for playing along with us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Little Musings said...

Awwwwwwww I love it! Great use of the freebie!

xxxxxxxxxxxx