Monday, August 30, 2010

It's a bird....it's a plane....it's day 3 of the September MFT Teasers!!

It's day 3 of September's MFT Teasers and today I'm previewing one of the three new Pure Innocence stamps (my personal favourite line!!). 

Just a reminder to stop by the MFT Blog at 11 am EST today for a full list of links to today's Teasers, and of course details on how you can win one of the new sets (just by commenting on all of the stops along the blog).

I used the "Super Boy" set to create this clean and simple comic book-inspired card.  I have been noticing that a lot of people have been colouring images with only Copic grey tones and I love how it looks.  I thought it would be perfect to give a try to make my Super Boy look like he just stepped out of the newspaper comic section.  I only used three tones of greys (C1, C3 and C5) to achieve this look and completed this card in less than 10 minutes (if you follow my blog, you'll know this was a SUPER feat for me LOL!!!)

Thanks for stopping by!!




Supplies:
Stamps: Pure Innocence "Super Boy" set from My Favorite Things (Available Sept 1st)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Superhero comic paper (Sandy Lion), DCWV, Recollections Cored cardstock
Accessories:  Copic Markers (C1,C3,C5),  Tim Holtz embossing folder, Autumn Leaves button, Offray ribbon, hand cut stars

32 comments:

Kerry J. said...

Super cute! Love the colors Jen!

texasjodylynn said...

That is SO SO cute. :)

craftymom205 said...

Cool card.

Nancy Thomas said...

The distressed background is perfect! A really great card.

Kary said...

Cute!!

Vickie Z said...

Cute!! Love the colors and the TH embossing folder!!

Cindy Haffner said...

He is just tooo CUTE!! Hee hee we are on the same page today!!

Michelle said...

It's like he stepped right out of the comic strip! SUPER cute.

kathy/North Carolina said...

This much cuteness in under 10 minutes????? Shut the front door!

Susan White said...

Soooo Cute!! Love the comic print paper!!

Jennifer said...

How FUN!! GREAT card and I love that embossing foler!! (=

Erin Smetak said...

Aw! How cute!!!

Erika M. said...

Just too adorable!

Kelli said...

Only thing missing is a "POW!" and a "ZOOM!" LOL

Great fun card!

Rhonda V. said...

Superboy is just adorable! I think I need one of these for sure!!!!

Janet S said...

I just LOVE this little super hero! Thanks for sharing him with us during the blog hop.

Dawn said...

Love it! Can't wait to get this set!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute!! Love the texture!!

Lisa H. said...

never would have thought to color him like this, BUT it's fabulous! love it and it totally looks like comic-bookish.

Pam said...

SUPER! SUPER! Cute card. Love the designer paper. Great Job!!!

Donna said...

what a fun card!

Sue D said...

Super comic book card!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Oh! How AWESOME! LOVE the papers and layout on this!

Sandra said...

Super card!
Sandra

Lisa Lynn said...

Too cute

JessicaK said...

Very cool DP and textures on this card.

lilscrappers said...

Wow! I love this and may have to CASE it, lol

Billie A said...

Very cute great colors.

Brenda said...

Agree, it looks like a comic book sketch, very clever!

Angela said...

Blog hopping for prizes!

Christina Fischer said...

This is FUN! I love the embossed background!

Wendy said...

Shut up! Too cute!