Saturday, August 28, 2010

Let the MFT Teasers begin with a Tiny Town!!!

First of all, let me apologize for not posting for a while, but I've had a good excuse.....I've been creating up a storm for my Guest Designer stint for this month's new MFT releases!!

And today it's time for the first of FIVE big days of My Favorite Things teasers.  The fun all wraps up with the release party and shop and hop over at Splitcoaststampers on September 1st!! 

Today I'm previewing Stephanie Fizer's "Tiny Town" Halloween set.  This set is just perfect for creating little scenes and would also be great for tags for treat bags or other smaller Halloween projects.

For my project I created a paper pieced Halloween scene using last year's Basic Grey Halloween papers.  To make the images stand out from the busy papers I left a bit of a white border around each of the images.  Then I created a layered ribbon accent across the bottom and some glitter Thickers for my sentiment.
Be sure to stop by the MFT blog today see the links to the rest of the Design Team creations using today's Teaser sets.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Stephanie Fizer's Tiny Town Halloween by My Favorite Things stamps (available September 1st)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Basic Grey, Junkitz
Accessories:  Offray ribbon, Thickers glitter letter stickers, Copic markers.

30 comments:

Lisa H. said...

shut up! you crafty girl you!!! this is sooo cool, cute, and spooky. FUN! glad you're hanging with us this month. can't wait to see what else y ou have.

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the night scene you created. This looks to be an awesome set of stamps. A apook-tacular card!

Kary said...

WOW!! Awesome card!!

Rose Ann said...

This is waaaaay awesome, Jennifer!! Such a cute spooky Halloween scene!! Your ribbon treatment is amazing as well!! WOW!!

Vickie Z said...

Wow...wonderful!! Love the halloween scene-paper choices are wonderful!! Great job!!

g said...

this is so stinkin' cute! i LOVE it! your little town is so sweet- i love those BG papers too! can we please have a tutorial for your incredible layered bow/ribbon- it is gorgeous!!

Janet S said...

FAB! FAB! FAB! This is an amazing project! Thanks for sharing it during the blog hop.

texasjodylynn said...

That is a gorgeous scene! I love it. :)

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!

Kerry J. said...

Super cute Jen! Love your pieced houses and the ribbon treatment!

Sue D said...

Fabulously spooky card!

Brenda said...

WOW! This is such a great card...love all the details.

craftymom205 said...

Great card. Love the paper you used.

Angela said...

Stopping by while blog hopping around! :)

Dawn said...

Absolutely stunning card Jen! Great job!

Megan said...

Whoa! This is darling. I love those houses!!!

Amanda said...

Cute! Your hardwork shows!!! Congratulations again on the GD spot!! :)

Erika M. said...

I'm so loving your creation - I swear my mouth dropped when I saw it!

Melody said...

Oh my gosh! Is this ever cute! I just love the paper pieced houses and that great ribbon treatment!

Kelli said...

Look at you go!!!!!! :)

Awesome Sneek!!!!!Just workin' that DP!!!!!!

Barbara said...

Over the TOP adorable, Jennifer! I'm in love with this little scene!

Erin Smetak said...

Very cute!!!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Words fail me....what an amazing, adorable, exciting and artistic card. You truly are the "amazing guest designer." I could just look and look at this card and see more and more amazing details. Wowsers!

Sandra said...

oh my ... you have a new follower!
this is wonderful!
Sandra

Billie A said...

WOW that is a work of art and should be framed. So creative. Lovely work..

Pam said...

Absolutly Stunning. Love it!!!!

JessicaK said...

Beautiful scene, love it.

Sylvia said...

This is so scary! I love everything about it.

Christina Fischer said...

Oh WOW! What a fantastic scene you created!! :)

Wendy said...

Shut the front door, this is wicked!