Sunday, August 29, 2010

MFT Teasers Day 2---Introducing Fred the Bear Goes Fishing!!

Welcome to Day 2 of the My Favorite Things Teasers.  Be sure to stop by the MFT blog sometime today for links to the Designers participating in today's peeks----and rumour has it that if you leave comments along the hop, you just might win something!!!  And just a reminder that the festivities all wrap up on release day (Sept. 1st) with a release party and Shop and Hop blog hop!!

Today I'm previewing the new Fred Bear Goes Fishing set.  I don't know about you, but I'm always on the lookout for masculine themed stamps to use and this one is cute AND manly all at the same time!!  I coloured the image with my Copics and paired it up with some Cosmo Cricket papers.  I also cut my sentiment apart so I could use it in a smaller space rather than a straight line.  It's easy to put it back together when you do want to use it as it comes in the set.

Today's tip:  Create natural looking grass using the sides of the brush tip of your Copic markers.  I used several shades of green to create the grass for this image.








































Supplies:
Stamps:  Fred Bear Goes Fishing by My Favorite Things stamps (available Sept. 1st)
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Ink
Papers:  Cosmo Cricket, Neenah cardstock, Coredinations cardstock
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Copic Markers, wood button, twine, Quickutz die (bracket shape that stamped image is cut out of)

27 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Fred ROCKS!!!

Barbara said...

How cute is this??? LOVE how you put that little pond in the middle of grass!!

Tracey said...

Oh my, this is awesome Jen!! i love it!!

Janet S said...

I LOVE this card! The accent leaves on the bottom just add a great finishing touch to the card. Thanks for sharing it with us during the hop.

Erin Smetak said...

What a sweet card! Love the little scene you created!

Nancy Thomas said...

Oh my - this is so striking! Beyond cute!

kathy/North Carolina said...

WOW again! I love the way you framed the focal on this card....both with the window die and the clusters of leaves. Absolutely fantastic!

Vickie Z said...

Great card!! Love the added touches of leaves, flowers etc. at the bottom!!

Erika M. said...

Amazing card - thanks for sharing the tip on how to make natural looking grass with the Copics!

Sue D said...

Very cute--thanks for the tip on how to make grass.

Lisa H. said...

eeeek! soooo cute and love the fun, bold, earthy colors. this is fantastic!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, I love your fall colored leaves and your Fred!! What a great card and soo cute! :)

Kelli said...

I can smell the pine.... :) LOL

Great Job Jennifer!!!!

creative patti said...

WOW!!! Great JOB!!! Enough said. Thanks.

Dawn said...

Wow! You hit another one out of the park! Great job!

Vicki Davis said...

Everything about your card is coheshive and put together. Congratulations on a great design!

Sandra said...

wow - love your style - great card!
Sandra

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer! Love all the texture you created!

loyaz1 said...

This is a great card! Love your color combinations too

Susan said...

Each of you made Fred Bear look so different. Great versatility!

Pam said...

Love the design and the colors you uded are fanstatic. Great Card.

margie c said...

Fred is so cute! I love the leaves and framing you did :)
hugs, margie

JessicaK said...

Beautiful rich colors, and love the unexpected woodgrain colors.

Kerry J. said...

Super cute Jen! Love Fred and the scene you've created!

texasjodylynn said...

Very pretty card! Great coloring.

Christina Fischer said...

I love this! So many great elements! :)

Wendy said...

OOO, I might love this one most so far! Wicked girl!