Friday, August 6, 2010

Stampavie Summer challenge #29

Yep, two posts in one day!!  I know it's a miracle but I managed to squeeze out one more project for the week and the deadline is tomorrow so I thought I'd post it while I have a chance.

The current Stampavie blog challenge (#29) was to create a summer-y project.  I chose to use my Gillian Roberts "Looking at You" stamp and coloured her with bright summery tones. 

When I sat down to colour I had a specific paper set in mind (Imaginesce) but I couldn't find enough to make my card (mostly bc my room is a total disaster LOL!)  so I took my 1" square punch and made a collage of the papers I intended to use (the yellows and florals) and mixed in some scraps of Basic Grey and American crafts.  It's a great way to use up small scraps and I quite like the look.  I'll definitely be making more of these scrap canvases in the future!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: 
Stamp:  Gillian Roberts "Looking at You" by Stampavie
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Neenah cardstock, Basic Grey, Imaginesce, American Crafts, Bazzill
Accessories:  Renaissance by Design ribbon, Prima flowers, Copics, button, rub on sentiment by Scrapworks, Marvy square punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities

No comments: