Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's party time!! Last of the MFT Teasers and the big release party details

Well my reign as guest designer for My Favorite Things is drawing to a close tonight and it's been a pleasure to share my creations with you this week. You will definitely be seeing lots more creations with this month's stamps that I haven't even had a chance to ink up yet, so keep checking in :)

Before I get onto today's project, a few reminders.......first don't forget to stop by the MFT blog at 11 am EST today for a list of all the designers participating in today's teasers.  Leave comments on all the blogs for your chance to win some free stamps.  Secondly, don't forget about the release party tonight at the MFT Forum at Splitcoaststampers.  The next guest designer will be announced AND you can buy all these wonderful new releases at 10 pm.  There will also be a blog hop and shop later tonight.

For the last of my teasers I'd like to share with you a creation I made with the new Flopsey Flies a Kite set.  I had a brand new package of the Echo Park Summertime papers sitting in my "new stuff" pile and I thought that there's nothing like a nice summer day for kite flying :)  As I looked at the cover of the paper package I noticed there were lots of fun elements on the actual packaging that I could cut out and use on the card rather than cutting into a bunch of new sheets.  The sun, clouds, tree, flower strip and banner were all from the cover sheet!!

Today's Tip:  Don't forget to think outside the box when looking at your supplies.  The cover sheets for paper packages just might make a great card and then you don't have to cut into a whole sheet of the new package!!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Flopsey Flies a Kite by My Favorite Things (Available Sept. 1st)
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper:  Echo Park Summertime, Prism Simply Smooth cardstock, Colorbok
Accessories:  Stickles, Copic markers

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT Jennifer.

Nancy Thomas said...

This is one super creative card!

Kelli said...

Fun Stuff... Congrats on the MFT Guest DT Reign... you did GOOD Jennifer, SUPER GOOD!!!!! :)

Erin Smetak said...

Super duper cute!!!!

Scrapenabler said...

Such a cute card and a great idea to use the packaging.

JessicaK said...

Bright bold colors to wrap up a fantastic summer. Yay for Flopsey!

texasjodylynn said...

Very pretty!

Sue D said...

Great idea to use the cover sheet!

Melody said...

This is super cute! Those papers are perfect!

Erika M. said...

Loving how bright and cheerful your card is!

Mary said...

Clever, clever!

lilscrappers said...

Lovely card!

Kary said...

Awesome!! Clever design! I love EPP's Sweet Summertime too.

Kerry J. said...

Super cute! Love how you put Flopsey on the journaling card!

g said...

so stinkin' cute! i just love your fun colorful project & Flopsey is adorable!!

Wendy said...

This is super cute too!

Angela said...

MFT hop!

Lisa H. said...

wow! another knock out of a card. great colors.