Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I made the coolest shaker card (if I do say so myself LOL!)

I've been playing along with some World Card Making Day challenges at Splitcoaststampers (for Unity Stamps) and one of them was to make a shaker card.

It's been a LONG time since I've done a shaker card, so I was racking my brain to come up with something.... and then the light went on....I thought why not make a shaker card using salt and pepper shakers?  I was thinking of putting actual salt and pepper in the shaker part but I didn't think it would be thick enough to stay in the card so I opted for some faux snow instead.

So here's a look at my finished card.  I used my new Itty Bitty stamp from Unity and paired it with papers from American Crafts. I must say that it turned out way better than I envisioned!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Itty Bitty What's Shakin' by Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: American Crafts, October Afternoon
Accessories: Faux Snow, Offray ribbon, button, transparency, foam tape

3 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Jennifer!

Yup, it is pretty cool!!! Love the 'salt' in the shaker! Funny! And the paper is perfect for it, love all the 'see-throughs'! With th punches and the details in the pepper and salt! Very nice!

Hugs, Wendy

Julia said...

You're right! It's darling! There is something magical about shaker cards!

Angelnorth said...

The fau snow makes great coarse salt - fab shaker card Jen!