Friday, October 22, 2010

It's a bird themed FWF Friday!

Man, I'm such a slacker with the blog these days...I actually have tons of projects to share but just haven't had time to sit down and blog them all.

So to make up for it, I'll share TWO cards that I made using some Unity Stamps.  Both are bird themed cards that I made as part of the Unity WCMD challenges on Splitcoaststampers

For this first card, I took a large manila tag and sprayed it with some blue and green Tattered Angels mists.  Then I stamped the bird cage and sentiment in black and masked it off to stamp the birds in teal.  The tag was mounted onto a card base that I embossed with my Cuttlebug.  It's a little bit shabby with a hint of sparkle and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

Supplies:
Stamps: Donna Downey "Free to Be" set (birdcage) by Unity Stamp Co, Melody Ross "Brave Girl" set (birds and sentiment) by Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Staz On black, Tattered Angels spray mist, Staz On Teal
Papers: DCWV black cardstock (with white core), Manilla tag (office supply)
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Offray ribbon, Dimensional tape

This second card was really quick and easy.  I simply stamped the sentiment and birdcage onto some patterned papers and then added some embellishments.  The bird was stamped onto some white cardstock and then cut out before attaching.

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Donna Downey "Free to Be" set (bird and birdcage) by Unity Stamp Co., September KOTM (sentiment) by Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Staz On black, Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: Making Memories
Accessories: Pins, Offray Ribbon, buttons and flowers (General craft supplies)

12 comments:

shuggy said...

both are great!

Martha said...

ahhh both are beautiful!!!

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

stampjourney said...

What a great bird card set!

sharon g said...

I love love love bird themed cards!

Jen said...

Jennifer, these are both amazing cards! Love the details and design...truly fabulous details!

Lori said...

Beautiful bird themed cards!

Bogner's said...

That tag is so amazing! And the card is just beautiful! Love the birdcage image!

Zarah said...

Okay - first of all: WOW! You're seeeeeriously talented!
Second: *sticks blog into Google Reader favs*
:D

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, sooo nice!!! I love the colors and the feel of the first card, very very pretty!!!! And original as well! Great job and thanks for sharing!

Hugs, Wendy

Katie said...

Both are gorgeous cards...but the first one is my fav! ;) TFS!

Lisa H. said...

well, these are just gorgeous creations! looooove them both.