Friday, October 1, 2010

A treat for you (a box that is!!)

Did you know that My Favorite Things has a great selection of digital products including files/templates that can be cut on  your electronic cutter (or printed and cut out by hand if you don't have a cutter)?  Well they do and I was lucky enough to play with the new pumpkin treat box template.  The templates are inexpensive and very easy to use.

I cut the components on my Silhouette using some Bazzill cardstock (TIP:  I usually cut over the image twice with the thicker textured cardstock to cut all the way through).  After assembly I added some ink to define the box and added a giant ribbon accent on the top.  I added a tag to the lid of the box which could easily be personalized if desired. 

One other idea I had was to create a box for each person for Thanksgiving dinner and add their name to the front.  You could fill each box with some treats for them to take home.  I don't recommend sending any turkey home in the boxes as there is no waterproof lining LOL!!

Here's the finished box and a few closeups:


Supplies:
Ink:  Dried Marigold Distress Ink by Ranger
Papers:  Bazzill cardstock, October Afternoon paper
Accessories:  Ric rac, Offray ribbon, 3D Halloween stickers

2 comments: