Friday, October 15, 2010

Unity Friends with Flair Friday is here and.....She is

Welcome to Unity's FWF Friday!!  This week I'm going to share a card that I made as part of Unity's World Card Making Day challenges.  This is the card I created for the "Shimmer and Shine" challenge.

This card is a little different for me.  I'm typically a cute-sy/clean type card maker so this grungy/artsy look is a bit outside my comfort zone!!  I created my own background paper using some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists on watercolour paper (pink tones with a light mist of teal blue).   Then I used the image and sentiments from the  Donna Downey "She is" set from Unity Stamps Co.

To really bling-i-fy my card I added some highlights to the image with Stickles and added a bling swirl.

Thanks for stopping by!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Donna Downey "She" set by Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Tattered Angels mists (teal and pinks), Staz On black
Paper: Watercolour paper, K and Co paper
Accessories: bling and flower by Prima, Stickles

14 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

It's really pretty!!!! Love the stamp and the swirly text with it, gorgeous bling-i-fying! ;-) Fits the image perfectly, love it!!

Hugs, Wendy

Bogner's said...

Wow, I love all that bling! It looks so amazing!

Susan B. said...

Your card is beautiful! I love how your backgound paper came out!

Jennine Chambers said...

that is some serious bling! great job

NoraAnne said...

Wow, this came out awesome! Great use of that image :)

Carolina said...

Such a darlin' card - love all the glitz!

Anne said...

Oh WOW!! This is awesome!! Love the great, sophisticated look.

Paula said...

I love all the shimmer and shine!!! What a beautiful card!

Lesley Langdon said...

COOL card - turned out awesome - love the bling.

Katie said...

I love all the shimmer and bling on this card!! Just gorgeous! TFS!

Lori said...

Very cool! Love all the sparkle and bling.

Brooke said...

oH MY!! this card is STUNNING!! you HAVE to frame it. it is the prettiest thing I've seen in a long time...

Emily Leiphart said...

Jennifer, this is GORGEOUS! I never would've guessed cool grunge wasn't part of your usual repertoire. I really love this. The distressing, sparkles and bling are absolutely perfect!

Jen said...

So lovely, and you have talent with your mists! Fabulous and pretty!