Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Feel the magic of the season with Gina K. Designs


First off, I'm going to apologize right away for this horrible photo that I had to take using some artificial light---have I mentioned how much I hate this time of year for photographing LOL!!??

Those of you who know me well, know that I *LOVE* to shop for paper craft supplies and need to try everything out there.  So I while ago I ordered some Gina K Luxury cardstock, as I had heard that it worked really well with Copic markers (which it does by the way---not to mention it's AMAZING for card bases too!!).  So, while I was over there I also ordered some stamps which I've had in my "to use" pile for a while now.

I finally pulled out a few sets and made this Christmas card.  The white scalloped card base was cut out on my Silhouette and then I simply layered a few different squares of Scenic Route paper and an embossed sheet of white cardstock on top. I stamped the polka dot label and sentiment circle in red ink and then layered them on top of each other before adhering to the middle of the ribbon. 

I've had a few people ask how I do this type of ribbon treatment---maybe one day if I get a chance I'll do an in depth tutorial but for now----basically I just use LOTS of glue LOL!!  I use Beacon's 3 in 1 glue (I personally think the glue is the key to the success of this treatment as it dries clear and fast) and just fold back the ribbon and glue it down in an alternating fan pattern.  For each of the folds you will need to put some glue on the paper to glue the ribbon down and then a dot on the back of the ribbon to complete the loop.   I repeat the same technique on both sides and then just glue some kind of embellishment in the center to hide the ugly part :)  It's quite easy but just takes some playing around to figure it out---be warned that it does use a fair amount of ribbon!!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Holiday Greeting Set from Gina K Designs, Lovely Labels from Gina K Designs
Ink: Ranger Barn Door distress ink
Papers: Georgia Pacific white cardstock, Scenic route papers
Accessories: Michaels ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Marvy circle punch, scalloped card base cut on my Silhouette

2 comments:

TracyM said...

I think your photo turned out pretty good. It is a lovely card. Thank you for sharing!

Risa said...

Wow...what a beautiful, beautiful card! I love your layout and gorgeous ribbon!
hugs
Risa