Friday, November 26, 2010

Free Spirit FWF Friday

Howdy FWF Friends!  Today I'm sharing a western themed card that I made using the Melody Ross "Brave Girls Boots" stamp set from Unity Stamps.

I dry embossed some kraft cardstock with one of my Tim Holtz embossing folders and ran some distress ink over the top surface.  Then I distressed the edges with my scissors to give it an old paper look. 

To create the distressed image panel I also used distress ink with a stipple brush.  If you've never tried a stipple brush you really should!  It allows you to instantly "vintage-i-fy" an image by applying a thin layer of ink over the entire surface.  The trick is to work in a circular motion and don't use too much ink at once.

I finished off the card by adding some suede trim from the dollar store and a few brads that I wanted to sort of resemble rivets. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.!




Don't forget to check out the Unity Blog for a full list of today's FWF blog participants and details on how you can win some FREE stamps.

Also, Unity has a HUGE sale going on right now that you might want to check out.  All the details can be found on the home page or the blog!!

Supplies:Stamp: Melody Ross Brave Girls Boots set from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Staz On black, Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Paper: Georgia Pacific cardstock, The Paper Company
Accessories: Nestabilities, Stickles, brads, Tim Holtz embossing folder, western trim

10 comments:

Angie Blom said...

Cute.. I love this.

lynn said...

what a gorgeous card, jennifer!

Anne said...

Terrific distressed card! LOVE it!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the vintage look of this card!

Becky Dunham said...

This is so cute! Looks like leather! I love it!

Lisa said...

Incredible! Love all the distressing!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the vintage, distressed look.

dahlhousedesigns said...

love the feel of this card! fantastic.

lisa a.

Patty said...

Hi Jennifer! I found your blog through FB on the Cardmaker page. You have some gorgeous cards! Thanks for the inspiration! I'll definitely keep checking back & I've become a follower!

jackie 4124 said...

I just got ordered this stamp. Can't wait to use it