Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Super boy strikes again!

I don't often reach for masculine or boy themed images so on the weekend I challenged myself to work on one, and pulled out my MFT Superboy image

For something a bit different than my usual Copic markers, I used watercolour pencils to colour my image.  Well, truth be told I wasn't too happy with how my watercolouring turned out so I ended up trying to salvage the image by adding some Stickles over the red paint. 

Using glitter glue is a great way to hide or cover uneven colouring and at the end I was pretty happy with how he turned out.  Since I did this card I have been practising with my watercolours and it seems that I figured out what I was doing wrong---when I wet the paper first and then applied the colour I have been getting much better images (more projects to follow in the next few weeks)!!

I used this week's MFT challenge sketch from Splitcoaststampers for inspiration for the card.  All the papers are from Scenic Route.

Thanks for stopping by!!





















Supplies:
Stamps: Pure Innocence Superboy by My Favorite Things
Ink: Ranger Barn Door Distress Ink (red), Palette Noir
Paper: Watercolour paper, Scenic Route
Accessories: Watercolour pencils, Stickles, Scenic Route Chipboard, Offray ribbon

2 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

Very cute Jen!

Joanne B. said...

How Cute! Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!