Monday, January 31, 2011

A few simple Valentine's cards

Valentine's day is fast approaching and I have to make about 15 cards for my daughter to hand out at daycare.  I wanted something cute, but simple to produce, so I created these two quick designs using some Basic Grey scraps, some stamps from My Cute Stamps and the largest of my rectangular Nestabilities dies.  I attached a rectangle of plain white cardstock on the back for us to write on/stamp on similar to what you would do with a regular commercial Valentine card (as opposed to one that opens up).

Even though I cut out and coloured three cupcakes for each card, I kept it simple by doing minimal shading (two shades of pink and just one of the brown) and not caring too much about going outside the lines since I was cutting them out.

Each of the cards will be a little unique as I am using up some older love themed embellishments from my stash.  On these two cards I found a package of love themed Teresa Collins Tilez and used those as my sentiments. 

Just another quick tip:  you don't necessarily *have* to have stamps that are specific to each and every holiday.  Here I used an owl from a Halloween stamp and paper pieced in colours to match my card.  You can easily adapt any stamp for any holiday or occasion if you use your imagination and make it work.


Supplies:
Stamps: Little Cupcake from My Cute Stamps
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers: Neenah Solar White cardstock, Basic Grey papers, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Nestabilities, Teresa Collins Tilez sentiment, Stickles, Copic Markers

Supplies:
Stamps: Little Cupcake (heart) from My Cute Stamps, Owl-O-Ween (owl) from My Cute Stamps
Ink: Versafine black
Papers: Basic Grey, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cosmo Cricket mini letter stickers, Cuttlebug heart die, Stickles, Copic Markers, Teresa Collins Tilez

3 comments:

Dayhomemama said...

Oh Goodness, they are soooooooo cute. Love them both! I need to get making some, Valentine's day is just around the corner!

Lesley Langdon said...

REALLY cute Jen!!!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

These are awesome and so cute!