Friday, January 28, 2011

FWF fun fold card Friday

Good Morning!!  It's Friday which means it's time for another Friends with Flair Friday post.  Just a reminder if you haven't participated before all you have to do is start at the Unity Blog and make your way through today's posts to find the FWF Blinkie.  Leave a comment for your chance to win some Unity Stamps.  The winner is posted in the FWF post at Splitcoaststampers.

Today I have two non-traditional cards to share with you--one is a swing card and the other a card using a clear base.

For my birthday themed swing card I used the instructions in the tutorial section at SCS---it's a bit tricky on the first try but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to follow.  I like to use double sided thicker weight cardstock so I don't have to decorate the main card.  The stamps are from the July 2010 Unity Kit of the Month (link below).

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday cake stamp from Unity Stamp Co July KOTM (Happily Ever After)Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper: K and Co
Accessories: Offray ribbon
For today's second card I stamped on a clear card base with turquoise Staz On ink.  I haven't quite decided what to use this card for yet but I was thinking of adding some kind of sentiment block to the front layer.  I love creating clear cards as you can create a lot of interest with all the different layers.  Just a quick tip:  to adhere the paper layer to the card base I paint a VERY thin layer of wet adhesive (Scotch Quick Tac) to the entire back panel of the paper--then when you see the back of the card you don't see any evidence of the glue because it covers the whole surface of the paper.

Supplies:
Stamps: Donna Downey "Embrace You" set (swirls) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Staz On Teal
Paper: Rouge de Garance, transparent card base
Accessories: Pearls and flowers from Prima, Martha Stewart edge punch, Offray ribbon

19 comments:

Patricia said...

Very pretty cards! The colors are beautiful!

Jennipher Lowery said...

Beautiful bright colors on both cards. You can definitely tell the first one is for a celebration.

Sarabeth said...

gorgeous! i love how your cards are so vibrant :)

thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

xo
sarabeth

Bogner's said...

I really love your swing card. It turned out so beautiful! And your acetate card is amazing!

marilyn said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the transparent card and gonna have to try to make one of those cards like your first one!

Martha said...

how cute and cheerful

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love both of your cards! I wil have to get aht glue so i can try clear card. tfs

Lisa said...

Wow!!!! That swing card scared the spit out of me when it was a challenge, GREAT card!!!!

StampinCathy said...

I just love your swing card. It's so bright and fun fun fun. Your clear card is just gorgeous and love he colors. Thanks for the double inspiration.

Erika said...

Fabulous cards :)

Lindsey said...

Two awesome cards today! I think I'll have to try a swing card, the finished product looks so much fun!

She said...

What great crads.Love the swing one. S x

Paula said...

I LOVE that polka dot paper! And the swirls on that blue card are great. Actually I love the bright vibrance of that blue card!

Anne said...

I love both of your cards! I haven't tried a clear card yet, but I might have to now. Thanks for the tip!

Lesley Langdon said...

Beautiful cards!!! Love the bold colors in the first one and the swing!

Jnett's Place said...

The flip card is really fun and the colors on the acetate are great.

Katrina said...

Love both of these!!!!!! The transparent card is so pretty!!! hugs, Katrina

Karen said...

Marvelous fun fold card!! I love the 2nd card too with beautiful turquoise stazon look and the layering of flowers and border!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Great cards! Love how fun the first one is and the clear base is fantastic!

lisa a.