Monday, January 24, 2011

Something sweet and cheery for a cold Monday

Wow, is it ever ccccoooollldddddd out this morning.  Without the windchill, it's a balmy -19 degrees Celsius (for my American friends that is -2.2 degrees).  Brrrrr!

So what better way to feel all warm and fuzzy than to share a brightly coloured card with some little smiley faced treats :)
For this card I used the remainder of the cover sheet from my collection pack of Echo Park Summertime paper.  Although the paper is really thin (compared to the actual papers in the package), once you layer it onto cardstock it still makes a decent card base AND it's a fantastic way to use up something that would otherwise be garbage.  I only managed to get one package of this fun line when it was released so I wanted to use up every last scrap I could!!

The stamps on this card are from the Sweet Kawaii set from My Cute Stamps.  I added some texture and dimension by adding some embossing and some dimensional foam tape to pop some of the elements.

Thanks for stopping by!!




Supplies:
Stamps:  Sweet Kawaii by My Cute Stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Echo Park, Basic Grey, Prism Simply Smooth, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accessories:  Offray ribbon, button, Copic markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nestabilities die

1 comment:

lynn said...

such a happy card, jennifer! love the double row of scallops!