Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, Valentine's Day is finally here and now I won't have to bore you any more sappy love cards ;)

At my daughter's daycare they are celebrating "Friendship Day" today and I wanted to send a little treat and Valentine's card for each of the children in her infant room.  I made these quick and easy cards using some stamps from My Cute Stamps, some plain cardstock and a strip of scrap heart themed paper.  All ten cards only took me about 40 minutes from the initial design to the completed project.  You could easily adapt this design for quick thank you cards for a birthday party etc.

To add a bit more interest to the boring white background, I embossed with my Sizzix heart themed embossing folder and added it to the scalloped card base that was just using the scalloped square Nestabilities die.  Each finished card is approximately 4" x 4" and I just wrote directly on the back of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Sweet Kawaii set (all the sweet stuf) from My Cute Stamps and Owl-o-ween (Skull) from My Cute stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Georgia Pacific cardstock, The Paper Company cardstock, K and Co. Kelly Panacci Valentine's papers
Accessories:  Sizzix hearts embossing folder, Nestabilities dies, Copic markers, Making Memories rub on hearts

3 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

these are so fun!

Lesley Langdon said...

Oh my, these are ADORABLE!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

These are absolutely adorable!!!