Monday, February 7, 2011

Hey Pumpkin!

I thought I'd take a bit of a break from sharing Valentine's Day cards to show you the latest card I created using my beloved Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things.

I watercoloured the image using a combination of Peerless water colour papers and Derwert Inktense pencils.  The layout of the card is based upon last week's MFT sketch challenge (#5) from Splitcoaststampers.  It took me LOTS of practise to get my painting looking nice.  I finally figured out after much experimentation that the key is to wet the paper slightly before starting with the paints/pencils.  I also found that instead of actually colouring the image with the watercolour pencils and then adding the water, I take my brush to the tip of the pencil and pick up the paint--that way you won't get any lines in your image.  It really just takes practise, practise, practise to get comfortable with using watercolours.

I'll be back later this week with some more Valentine's Day cards :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Pure Innocence L'il Pumpkin from My Favorite Things
Ink: Staz On Jet Black
Paper: Watercolour paper (Curry's Art supplies), Basic Grey
Accessories: Nestabilities, Watercolour pencils/papers, button, Michaels ribbon

No comments: