Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Matryoshka Dolls thank you

Do you ever have one of those cards that just doesn't really come out like you envisioned when you started out, but then really like how it turned out?  Well for me, this is one of those cards.

I've had this awesome set of Matryoshka Dolls stamps from My Cute Stamps in my "to use" pile for a while now but was struggling a bit to come up with a concept.  When I first started out I had envisioned doing a bit of a folk art theme with some bright colours and cardstock....I actually started stamping out the background on some white cardstock and then....DING the light went on. 

I remembered I had this sheet of paper (by Samantha Walker) in my collection that I thought would work.  So amazingly enough I found it right away, and then my design evolved from there.  I coloured the dolls a light tan to match the papers and then added a pop of pattern with the papers.  I wanted to add some texture to the kraft paper so I rummaged through my collection of embossing folders and found this Basic Grey Christmas folder that had the same vine-y look. 


P.S.  This is my entry for the Moxie Fab Copic challenge.  I used my Copics to colour the dolls.  I only used three shades of markers for the card which goes to show you that you don't need a *huge* collection of markers to colour with (but don't tell my hubby that because I'm constantly still buying more shades LOL!)

Supplies:
Stamps:  Matryoshka Dolls from My Cute Stamps
Ink:  Memento Black, Palette Noir (Sentiment)
Papers:  Neenah cardstock, The paper company kraft cardstock, Creative Imaginations Samantha Walker paper
Accessories:  Wood button, Michaels ribbon, Fiskars edge punch, Nestabilities dies, Copic markers, Basic Grey embossing folder by Sizzix

2 comments:

Cath said...

Ooooo! Trendy matroyshka's Jennifer! Very fun! :)

Laura O'Donnell said...

great card for the challenge!