Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mimi would like you to be your Valentine.....

A snow day from work yesterday meant I had some (rare) time to play around in my scraproom and I was able to produce a few cards using some images that I had pre-coloured over the last little while. 

I may have mentioned it before but I like to stamp out a bunch of images onto a sheet of cardstock and then colour them while I'm watching TV in the evenings or sometimes I'll even bring them to work and colour during my lunch break---I just select colours I like for the image and then worry about matching them up for a card later.  Since I have one of the world's largest hoard collections of papers it's never hard for me to find something to match.

For this card I had coloured this cute Mimi image from Penny Black in pinks and was inspired to make a Valentine's card using some of the new Kelly Panacci paper from K and Co. that I recently bought at Michaels. As you can see in the second image I added dimension to the card using some dimensional foam tape to make the different layers pop.

Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamp:  Sweet Thing by Penny Black
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Neenah cardstock, K and Co. Kelly Panacci
Accessories:  Michaels ribbon, red gingham trim from Etsy, Stickles, Copic markers, button, Spellbinders, Making Memories rub on sentiment, sewing machine
Sketch:  February sketch Penny black blog

4 comments:

Lin said...

Hi Jen, I LOVE what you called your blog - those are words I used before I started mine, too :))

Love your Valentine card, and I'm a big collector of papers, too, so I know just what you mean!

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness, this card is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time...wonderful pure joy here, love it!
I'm with Lin, I got a chuckle when I saw the name of your blog, I think we all said that at one time before succumbing to the bright lights of the interweb.
btw: I love monkeys and jammie days too!
blessings~

Brenda said...

That's a beautiful Valentine Jen! Your coloring is superb! It's a great idea to just stamp a whole lot of images and colour in when you have time!

Linda said...

This card so sweet and cute love the colors and layout! and all of accents peices!