Friday, April 8, 2011

I'll never let you go and a crafting update.....

So I know I've been a bit of a slacker in the crafting department lately, but I've been crazy busy.  We decided it was time to look for a new house so the last few months have been spend staging, cleaning and organizing---including downsizing my 10' x 10' craft room into ONE closet and an armoire.  The good news is our sold in less than 24 HOURS and a few days later we purchased a new home.  I can't wait to start fresh with a new (and bigger!!) craft space.  We have a few months until the move so hopefully I can squeeze in some new projects to share with you out of my downsized craft space.

In the mean time, here's a card I made a while back.  I love this "Hand in Hand" set from Gina K Designs.  I used some Pink Paislee papers and used red ink to stamp the label to coordinate with the red in the striped paper.  For a bit of interest, I embossed the background paper with a Cuttlebug folder.

Today's tip:  Embossing patterned paper is a great way to add some dimension to your card.  I typically use more simple patterns so you can see the embossing.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely Labels by Gina K, Hand in Hand by Gina K
Ink: Adirondack Red Pepper, Memento Tuxedo black
Papers: Pink Paislee, Gina K cardstock
Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch, button, Twill Ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I read your post and it really hit me how I am going through something similar. My husband and I are looking into relocating also but only 10 hours away from where we are now with no job lined up yet....We are just beginning the process. What a dream to sell the house in 24 hours!! I worry with today's economy. Sorry about the book....just can relate to your words!!

What a fun card!! Love the frame you created around the image and the sentiment. Beautiful work!

Emily Leiphart said...

Congrats, Jennifer! I'm so envious that you found a house! We've been looking for over two years now and still nothing. Where in Ontario are you?!

I love the papers on your card and I was eyeing that Gina K set recently! Thanks for sharing!