Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm nutty for Paper Smooches!

Hello and Happy Monday!

I received my first envelope of stampy goodness from Paper Smooches a few weeks back and couldn't wait to get them inky!!  If you haven't checked out Kim Hughes' new stamp company you really should----her stuff just oozes cute :)

For this card I used the Falling for You set.  I paper pieced the acorns and added some dimension to the image using my Copics.  I created a manly/woodsy look using some Cosmo Cricket "Wanted" papers and a Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder for dimension.  In keeping with the outdoorsy look, I added a twine bow and popped the center acorn with dimensional adhesive.


This is another entry for last week's Simon Says Stamping challenge blog to use "embossing".  Once again I used my Cuttlebug and an embossing folder from Tim Holtz.

Supplies:
Stamps: Falling for you set from Paper Smooches
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Distress Ink
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Wanted
Accessories: Copic markers, SEI twine ribbon, Tim Holtz embossing folder
Card sketch:  CPS Sketch #214

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Love your card Jen!! Fabulous!!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the texture on this card, perfect for this set!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, Jennifer, as if I weren't already obsessed with getting some Paper Smooches stamps, I think you've just sent me over the edge! This is one fabulous card.

Pam Sparks said...

❤ it Jennifer!

Linda Beeson said...

How does it get any more perfect!!!! Those have to be the cutest acorns and wow on the woodgrain.