Friday, April 22, 2011

Life's too short to match socks

As soon as I saw this stamp set from Unity Stamps, I knew it *had* to be mine.  I just totally love the saying and of course those cute socks don't hurt either. 

The card is a 4" x 8" design that fits into standard business envelope for mailing--I buy mine at the dollar store in packages of 50 or more for a buck!!  I paper pieced the socks and used some Copics for shading.  The rest of the card is just simple layers on a Cuttlebug-embossed kraft background with the image panel "popped" using some foam dimensional adhesive.

For more wonderful customer creations, stop by the Unity blog today.  Leave comments along the way (including here) for your chance to win some stampy goodness :)



P.S.  I'm using this card for this week's Simon Says blog challenge to use embossing.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Matching Socks set from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers:  My Mind's Eye, DCWV cardstock, Neenah cardstock, Making Memories (kraft polkadot paper)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black
Accessories:  SEI twine ribbon, button, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Copic Markers

27 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh dear...I think this stamp is a necessity for me!

Gwen said...

Adorable! LOVE your papers, this is so bright and cute!

Jen said...

Absolutely adorable! I think I might NEED this set, too. ;)

sharon g said...

I love the card, but have to disagree with the sentiment. It saves a lot of time and aggravation in the morning...

Rachel B said...

Oh my goodness! These paper pieced socks are so adorable! Your colors are so fabulous!

stampjourney said...

Such fabulous paper piecing on the socks! Love this!

lynn said...

adorable cute!

Sarah B. said...

Great quote and I LOVE the twine bow :)

Carol said...

Lovely card! The colors are beautiful.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Toni K said...

Love love love this card! The colros are awesome! The design is awesome! Everything!

Katy said...

The coloring is amazing. I LOVE the socks!

Jennine Chambers said...

Love the paper, Love the socks, Love it ALL!

Erin said...

These socks have been on my Unity "wish list" They can bring a smile to anyone, great card!!

jennifer mitten said...

I agree with that sentiment and I loved your card!

Anne said...

Terrific card! I love how you paper pieced and colored the socks. The embossed background and strips of dp are perfect too!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so love!!!!!!

Katrina said...

Adorable!!! LOVE the colors!!!! hugs, Katrina

beadz said...

What a cute card! Love the colors!
hugs,
Gini

My Angel said...

Fabulous Card!! Love the paper piecing!!

shuggy said...

so cute!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the socks and the text is perfect !!
My daughter always wears odd socks ,, this stamp set would be perfect for her !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE this card! The bright patterns and kraft are darling together. :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE this card! The bright patterns and kraft are darling together. :)

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Super cute! I love the papers you used!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE these patterned papers! LOVE the entire card--beautifully done:)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, fab embossing.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Pam Sparks said...

fabulous!!!