Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A little bit of Mojo, some texture and a whole lot of cute

Now that things have settled down on the home selling front, I finally got a chance to sit down and get some new cards done.  What better way to find your stamping mojo again than some new stuff and a few challenges?

Even though I haven't been stamping for the last little while, doesn't mean I took a break from buying ;)  I had this cute new birthday stamp (from Your Next Stamp) as well as some new 6 x 6 My Mind's Eye paper pads just waiting to be played with. 

This week's challenge on the Your Next Stamp challenge blog was to use texture in your design.  So I dug out my Cuttlebug (literally had to DIG it out from the bottom of the closet that was packed for our home staging!!) and my embossing folders and got to work.  I also added texture by adhering some of the images with dimensional tape and added some 3D ribbon and twine.  For the sentiment I decided to try out some of the new SRM sentiment stickers I purchased.  I was able to tint the "girl" part of the sticker to match my design.

O.K, enough chatting....now onto my card.......



Supplies:Stamp:  Birthday Surprise Fhiona from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  DCWV cardstock, My Mind's Eye patterned papers
Accessories:  SRM "Birthday Girl" sticker (coloured with Copics), Copic markers, twine, Offray ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Fiskars border punch, Spellbinders die

Card design based on Mojo Monday sketch number #187 (at least it started that way and took a slight other path LOL!

I'm also linking this up to Jenny's Suchin's Wee Memories challenge blog.  This week's theme (challenge #52) was cute and this card has cute written all over it.

And finally linking to Simon Say's embossing challenge.

8 comments:

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is so CUTE! Thanks for digging out your cuttlebug and joining us for our texture YNS Challenge!
Hugs
Karen

Beth aka BR-T said...

I am backin Karen up that this is so adorable and cut and gosh darn amazing! WOW! Thanks for playing along with Your Next Stamp's "Texture" Challenge! Beth aka BR-T

Mara... said...

so very very cute!!! I love all the embossing and I LOVE how you used your copics!! Great card!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

OMG wow love this so cute and love all the detail!!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at WEE memories!!!!

Giovana said...

So cute!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Cathy Fong said...

OMG!! this is really cute.love the embossing and colour combo!

Marcea said...

This is such a gorgeous card.
Fabulous colours and details.
thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
xxx

Julie E said...

Oooo, congrats on the win over at YNS - this is super cute. All that PP looks so good with the kraft. I think I may need this set ;>)