Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A banner birthday

Hello!  Today I'd like to share with you a birthday card I made using some of my favourite Purple Onion Designs stamps.  I took the birthday noteblock stamp, heat embossed with black powder and then layered it onto some Basic Grey birthday papers and Core'dinations cardstock.  (Note:  You lose a little of the detail on the letters of the Noteblock stamp when you heat emboss but you do get a nice shine.  If you wanted to keep the detail AND shine I would recommend using coloured ink of your choice and then embossing with clear detail powder.)

I then added two strips of paper pieced banners across the card (I wanted the whole happy birthday sentiment at the top to show so I attached the banners more towards the bottom.)  After attaching the stamped banners I added some twine across the top with a few bows on the ends.  Tip:  To attach the twine I use Beacon's 3 in 1 glue.  You can apply in a very thin strip and it dries completely clear....I *LOVE* that adhesive :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

If you would like to see more cards created with the Noteblock stamps, check out the POD Noteblock gallery.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Stephanie Ackerman’s Build a Banner set from Purple Onion Designs, Happy Birthday Noteblock from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Palette Noir, Versamark (for heat embossing)
Paper:  Basic Grey, Coredinations cardstock
Accessories: Twine from the Twinery, Spellbinders die, black detail embossing powder from Stampendous

3 comments:

Karenliz said...

Love the your card! I love banners and it just makes this card perfect for birthday celebrations!

tWiNkLestamper✴ said...

Beautiful! LOVE those banners...

{Raechel} said...

WOW!!!!!! LOVE this card and the strawberries before this posting! You are waaaaaay talented!
TFS~Raechel
http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/