Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A floral celebration with Stephanie Ackerman stamps (POD)---and a chance to WIN :)

I was thrilled a few weeks ago when Michele from Purple Onion Designs stamps e-mailed me to ask if I would like to be the guest designer for the next release.  I totally jumped at the chance since they have such wonderful and unique designs in my favourite red rubber format.

I got to work with some wonderful stamps designed by Stephanie Ackerman.  If I had to describe them in two words, I'd say fun and quirky all wrapped up into one!!  (She has some amazing mixed media and paper craft art on her blog, so be sure check it out sometime).  Today I'm showing you one of the projects I made using the "mixed middles flower" set.  The set is really cool----it comes with the large flower image and four different centers that you can mix and match.  I stamped the flower onto some ledger patterned paper and coloured it with my Copics.  Then I stamped and coloured the image a second time and adhered it over top leaving the flower petals curled to add dimension.  The rest of the card is a simple panel design with an embossed background and a double bow that I tied on using my new Bow Easy (how the heck did I *EVER* live without that for this long?!?!)

You can see all the rest of the amazing new Purple Onion Designs stamps here and I'll be back with more creations all week :)  And one more thing....how would you like to WIN some of these fabby new stamps?  All you have to do is stop by the Purple Onion Designs blog and leave a comment for your chance to win.  There are also some amazing design team creations over there too ;)



Supplies:
Stamps: Mixed Middles Flower set from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Neenah cardstock, Coredinations cardstock, My Mind's Eye patterned papers
Accessories:  Offray Ribbon, Tim Holtz embossing folder, Nestabilities die, Copic Markers

2 comments:

Scrap~tures said...

Beautiful! I love that ribbon!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Jennifer! First of all, welcome to POD! I'm a newbie as well and I'm looking forward to working with you on the team. Love your card--aren't Stephanie's designs fun to work with?