Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I *heart* banners and with this one, you can build your own!

I'm back today with another card I created using the new release Stephanie Ackerman stamps from Purple Onion Designs. 

Like many other crafters these days, I'm totally smitten with anything banner related so when I saw this "Build-a-banner" set I was giddy with excitement.  The set comes with eight different banner flags so you can design your own custom banner!  You can either stamp the images individually or do what I did on this card and lay them all out on your paper and then stick them all at once onto your acrylic block in the shape you desire and then stamp with ink onto the paper (the stamps come unmounted but I added my own cling mount to them).  Once I finished stamping them onto the grey paper, I adhered my string across the top (or you could also hand draw it) with lots of little bows and then paper pieced the centers of the banner.  To create the sentiment for this card I stamped the vintage typewriter "thank you very much" twice across both the top and bottom of the main panel of the card.

See you later this week with some more creations---thanks for stopping by :)



Supplies:
Stamps:  Build a Banner (by Stephanie Ackerman) from Purple Onion Designs, Thank you very much vintage typewriter sentiment from Purple Onion Designs (I believe that specific stamp is retired now but there are lots of other sentiments here)
Papers:  Lily Bee Designs
Ink:  Palette Noir
Accessories:  Cotton twine (dollar store), Copics, Fiskars border punch

6 comments:

Scrap~tures said...

Very cute! I love the tied bows in between the banners. Well done!

Tracey said...

I love this Jen! The colours are fabulous!

Anesha said...

Great card, love the colours and papers.

Julie said...

this is great love how the banners go of the edge and those little bows.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh - adorable!! I'm so checking out this set!

Joy said...

Great card Jennifer...love those build a banner and you have captured it perfectly...welcome to the DT, looking forward to working with you..hugs!