Friday, May 13, 2011

If you cannot be a poet, be the poem (Suzi Blu)

Hello and happy Friday!!  Today I'd like to share a card with you a card that is a little different from what I would consider my "normal" style---but hey, I love to try out new things!  I took one of Unity Stamp's Suzi Blu designs, coloured her with my Copics (not sure I'm loving the freaky eyes though LOL!) and created an artsy/grungy card using some Jenni Bowlin embossed cardstock.  To tone down the red glitter on the curtains and the image panel, I used some distress ink.  I roughed up all the embossed cardstock with my sanding block and curled the edges of the black cardstock to add even more grunge to my project.

Thanks for letting me share my experiment with you -- hope you like it :) 


Supplies:
Stamps:  Suzi Blu "Be the Poem" stamp from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black, Ranger Black Soot distress ink
Paper:  Core'dinations cardstock (Jenni Bowlin), Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Spellbinders die, Copic markers, Stickles, Offray ribbon, Recollections brand flower

7 comments:

Linda said...

wow how cute is this! Great card I love the awsome colors, and she to cute and sweet!

sharon g said...

I love Suzi Blu stamps!! And I love what you did with it!

Eva said...

So very cute!!!

Maria Levine said...

Very cool!! Love the layers and love suzi blu!

jennifer mitten said...

I love this!

Rachel B said...

I mentioned on Unity Place, but I'll mention it again: This is just stunning!

Kary said...

Hi Jennifer! This card is Stunning!! I love the suzi blue image, the pretty details and the blue of her dress really brightens the card and draws the eye to the focal image. Amazing card!!