Friday, May 20, 2011

Merry Friday!

Hello and Happy Friday! 
I know Christmas is a LONG way away but I’m working on building up this year’s card stash so that when December comes I have a pile of handmade cards ready to mail out.

I was organizing all my Unity Stamp Kit of the Months last week and came across these two cute snowman images on the January 2011 KOTM.  I paper pieced the images with some kraft paper and assembled the card using a bunch of scrap papers.  The bow is made from some cotton string that I purchased in the kitchen aisle at a local dollar store (Dollar Giant).  It looks sort of like the trendy baker’s twine but a fraction of the price and I like the neutral colour.
Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamps: January 2011 KOTM (snowmen) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: Jenni Bowlin embossed cardstock, Basic Grey, Making Memories, Coredinations cardstock
Accessories: Kelly Panacci chipboard sentiment, kitchen string, button, Copic markers, scallop edge die from My Favorite Things

Sketch:  Unity KOTM sketch challenge for May 2011

20 comments:

Lisa H. said...

your getting ahead of the game.....cute snowmen. love how you pieced them up!

Kary said...

Hi Jennifer,I love your card!! Super cute snowmen, and beautifully pieced. Great job!

Creative Zone said...

Cute cards AND I hear you about stocking up ahead of time. I ran out of cards last year and was in a mad panic at the last minute. This year - Christmas was the first scrappy / card task of the year and I'm relieved to say that they are all done.

Crystal said...

Those are the 2 cutest snowman ever! I love the colors and the embossing on here as well.

Rachel B said...

This card is so amazing! I love all the paper piecing and texture. Just amazing!

Jen said...

I love this! The snowmen and the embossing are just fab... super cute!! And great steal on the twine. :)

Jingle said...

This is such a cute card!

michib said...

what a cute card!

sharon g said...

SO cute. Love the men...

Linda said...

that snowman super cute and looks very happy lol

jennifer mitten said...

These are so cute! Snowmen somehow always force a smile:-)

Elisabeth said...

OMgosh, this is really sweet! and a good reminder for me...I usually start at least planning my cards by now!

Roslyn said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I admire your planning ahead...it's a great idea but not sure I could get into the spirit just yet!

Laurel said...

Sweet card, love those snowmen!

NoraAnne said...

This is a really cool card! I love these snowguys, they are just the cutest and I love all the colors you chose along with the scallop layers!

Carol said...

Quite simply, ADORABLE!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

beadz said...

That's so cute!

stampjourney said...

Love how you used those snowmen! So adorable!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this creation! LOOOVE your creativity!

Jimmi said...

This is SO cute & CHILLY, lol!
Thanks for playing along with our sketch this month :)