Thursday, May 5, 2011

Welcome home!

I have to admit that when I started out this project I had no idea where it was headed---I wanted to make a tag to possibly put onto a card base, but then *ding* light went on and I decided to make a house-warming tag for a bottle of wine.  The tag could also be used on a gift/gift bag or remove the string and mounted onto a card base. 

For the tag I created a little mini scene using paper piecing onto a kraft mailing tag.  I added some dimension using a nice big double bow (thank you Bow Easy!!) and stamped the clouds onto felt to make them look puffy.

Even though I didn't have a specific direction with this project right away, it turned out to be my personal favourite of all the things I created for this month's Purple Onion Designs release.  Oh, and speaking of POD....I've been asked to join the design team on a full time basis *happy dance*!!  Thanks to Michele for this great opportunity :)


Some of the details:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Home Sweet Home set from Purple Onion Designs (designed by Stephanie Ackerman)
Ink:  Palette Noir (works great for stamping on felt)
Papers:  October Afternoon, Lily Bee Designs, kraft mailing tag (office supply store)
Accessories:  ribbon from Creative Bags, cotton kitchen string (for tying onto bottle), white craft felt

3 comments:

Joy said...

Cute tag Jennifer, it is funny when we start out with something not knowing where it is headed and it turns out to be something wonderful! Hugs!

Laura O'Donnell said...

congrats on your new dt, this project is fantastic!

Julie said...

Love how you have used the stamps Jennifer