Monday, May 2, 2011

With heartfelt sympathy (Gina K Designs)

I don't often make sympathy cards --- in fact the last time I needed one, I actually bought one because I find them difficult to make.  I had the Gina K Designs "Hugs and Prayers" set sitting in my get inky pile and decided to create a sympathy card with it last week.  I was actually drawn to the stamp set originally because of the beautiful floral images rather than the sympathy theme. 

This card was really quick and easy to put together.  I simply layered some patterned paper circles onto a white card base that I cut out on my Mom's Cricut machine and then stamped the solid floral images onto white cardstock in black ink for the focal image.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the ribbon using Palette Noir ink and added a bow and button to finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hugs and Prayers set from Gina K Designs
Paper: Georgia Pacific cardstock, Basic Grey papers
Ink: Palette Noir (for both stamping on ribbon and images)
Accessories: Offray ribbon, button, Cricut card base (Wild card cartridge)
Card Sketch:  Weekly sketch challenge from Gina K Stamp TV group

No comments: