Monday, May 23, 2011

You are my sunshine

Since we’ve been plagued in Ontario with rainy weather for the last few weeks (like, we’re talking DAYS on end with no sun!!),  I thought making a nice cheery card to take away the blahs. 

I did this card for this week's Wee Memories stamping challenge. The sun and cloud images are from Stephanie Ackerman’s Home Sweet Home set from Purple Onion Designs.  I added some rub on letters to make the sentiment.  To make the card look more "sunny" I matted the image panel onto the Spellbinder’s Pinking Circles die cut of out yellow Jillibean Soup paper.  The cardstock is from the Whitewash collection from Core'dinations (I love the distressed-ness of that line).

Here’s hoping to lots of sunny weather ahead J



Supplies:
Stamps:  Stephanie Ackerman’s Home Sweet Home set from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black
Papers:  Jillibean Soup, Core'dinations cardstock, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Copic markers, yellow button, Offray ribbon, Spellbinder’s dies, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Daisy D’s rub on on letters

3 comments:

Anesha said...

Super card, love the fresh colours!

Wendy said...

LOVE this image and sentiment. Such bright and cheery colors. Love all of the texture! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Chari said...

This card is just adorable. The bright cheery colors really caught my attention.