Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Black and white plus one YNS challenge (YNSC45)

This week's challenge on the Your Next Stamp challenge blog is to create a project using black, white and one other colour (excluding hair and skin----phew!).  For my card I chose to use green as my "plus one".  I coloured the Fhiona Riding a Bike image using a few tones of grey and green Copics.

To create the card, I layered some black and white papers from an old DCWV pad (that I think has been in my stash since the beginning of time LOL!) onto a cardstock base and added a panel of white cardstock at the top (embossed with Cuttlebug folder).  I added a strip of green satin ribbon and bow across the bottom and popped the image and one of the flowers with some dimensional adhesive.  The black and white flowers were hand cut out of a sheet of paper from the pad.

Hope you'll stop by the YNS challenge blog to see all the other designer's examples and play along for your chance to win a prize (note that YNS are not required but if you have them, we'd love to see them).



Supplies: 
Stamp:  Fhiona Riding a Bike from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  DCWV (patterned papers), Neenah cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accessories:  Copic markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, SRM Sticker sentiment, ribbon from Creative Bag, Bow Easy (to tie the bow)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh WOW I totally LOVE how you used this sweet image, LOVE your card design!!!

Dana said...

Oh I love this card!!!