Friday, June 17, 2011

Fast FWF Friday.....Oh my, it's a SINGLE layer card!

A few weeks ago over at My Unity Place, they had a challenge to make a single layer card.  And what a challenge that was for me---I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've made a single layer card.  It actually probably took me longer to THINK about how to make one than if I had made a dozen of my "normal" style cards LOL!

So, here's what I came up with.  The bird image from the May 2011 Kit of the Month sort of reminded me of a Halloween crow so I went with it.  I just stamped the sentiment (from the September 2010 KOTM) and bird image onto a piece of Halloween themed paper, inked the edges and added a bow.  I have to admit I did cheat a little wee bit and add a strip of striped paper and a scallop across the card.  I was planning on just adding some ribbon but it just didn't quite go so I did opt to add the strips to complete the design.  *Phew* that was a hard one LOL!

Be sure to stop by the Unity blog today for Friends with Flair Friday.  Have a great weekend!



Supplies:
Stamps: Bird from May 2011 KOTM by Unity Stamp Co, Sentiment from Sept 2010 KOTM by Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Palette Noir
Paper: Making Memories, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Offray ribbon, Spellbinders scalloped rectangle die

16 comments:

Jingle said...

This is a fabulous card! I love it!!!!

Erin said...

whoa what great Halloween card! I never would have thought to use that stamp for Halloween, I'm so impressed!

Crystal said...

Love Halloween and all things Halloween! I never would have thought to use that bird stamp as halloween but it works great here!

Laura said...

Great card! I love the colours and Halloween feel.

Kary said...

Hi Jennifer, you did really well. I love this card!! The bird image does work so well on a Halloween card ;)

sharon g said...

So simple, and so cute.

Ruby said...

Love the colours with that stamp. Love MOM

Wendy ten Hove said...

Looks great! Pretty color and that bow is gorgeous there! I like it!
Hugs, Wendy

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I love the bow!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love it!!!

Emily Keaton said...

You rocked your single-layer card!! This looks really cool. :)

Anne said...

Awesome! I love that bird stamp on the Halloween paper! Perfect!!

jennifer mitten said...

This is a fabulous card...

Jen said...

So cool! I totally love that stamp!

Carol said...

Beautiful job! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I love this OLC--soooo fabulous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!