Friday, June 10, 2011

It's fruity Friday again....

Hello and Happy Friday!  Today I'd like to share with you the last of the cards I made using my homemade strawberry embellishments (I promise this is the last one!!).

The reason I didn't share this card earlier is because I entered it in the Page Maps Anniversary card contest and guess what?......I was selected as the winner!  I love using Becky's sketches for both card making and scrapbooking so it was an honour to be selected.  The theme was "celebration" so I turned the card into a birthday card by adding some rub-ons to the front of the sentiment.  You can see my card as well as the winning layout featured in the June newsletter.

My tip of the day:  why not create a set of cards using the same supplies?  For this set of cards I had already made three of the felt strawberries and had everything else sitting on my desk so it was really easy to use everything at once to make a matching set of cards.  I definitely want to use this strategy more in the future and it's a great way to minimize scraps!!

As always, be sure to stop by the Unity blog for Friends with Flair Friday.  Have a great weekend!

(Excuse the green tinge on this card.  At the time I was photographing we had two weeks of rain and the lighting was awful so I had to adjust a bit and ended up with a bit of green around the edges)

Here's a look at the full set of three cards:


And another closeup (the double bow was created using my new found love---the Bow Easy):

Supplies:
Stamps: Jillibean Soup "Sweetest Day" Itty Bitty from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Palette Noir ink
Papers: Jillibean Soup, The Paper Company kraft cardstock, Bazzill cardstock,
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities, craft felt, Stickles, Prima bling, Prima flower, Offray ribbon, Daisy D's Rub-on letters
Sketch:  PageMaps March 2011 sketch
Challenge:  Unity "Tooty Fruity" challenge

19 comments:

Anesha said...

Adorable cards, and congrats on your win.

Ruby said...

Love all of these cards.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Wow, love these!!! The colors are so vibrant, love it! Great stamps and papers!!! Very nice!
Hugs, wendy

Kate said...

WOW! these are just gorgeous, so vibrant and bright, love the strawberries and the dp is perfect.
Kate xx

Houses Built of Cards said...

GREAT cards!!! That is one of my FAVORITE Unity images!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!! tfs!!

jennifer mitten said...

These are amazing! I am a strawberry collector and these are my faves today!

marilyn said...

What a beautiful set! LOVE red and kraft!

sharon g said...

I'm going to look at those again. The colors and patterns are just amazing. I adore them!!!!!!!!

Erin said...

Like the others said, that red looks awesome on the kraft! Your set is beautiful!!!

Kary said...

Awesome set of cards!! Love the Jillibean Soup papers with that cute strawberry stamp! Congrats on the win too ;)

Annette said...

love your cards...great technique..

Jingle said...

Congratulations! These are very sweet cards!

Anne said...

Your cards are so summery and awesome! The strawberries are the cutest:)

Emily Keaton said...

Berry sweet!!!

Kim Cook said...

Super sweet!

Gwen said...

Wow, love the red and kraft! Very pretty cards!

Lisa H. said...

wow! looove what you did here, those berries are dee-lish! thanks for playing.

redscrap said...

what a beautiful ste you make, lovely the strawbery's
Nice work!!!
greetings mina