Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Perfect Pair of challenges --- Lawnscaping meets Simon Says

I recently got a few sets of the fabulously fun Lawn Fawn stamps and popped on over the Lawnscaping Blog challenge to motivate me to get them inky.  This week's challenge (#11) was to create a  CAS (clean and simple) card. I also opted to use a fruit theme to play along with this week's Simon Says "Let's get fruity" blog challenge.

So for my card I simply stamped the image and sentiment onto white cardstock, coloured it (with my Copics) and mounted onto a die cut scalloped circle.  Then I took a plain piece of green cardstock, embossed it with a pear themed embossing folder and added a ribbon bow.  The card took me all of five minutes at the most to make....four of which were looking for cardstock and the embossing folder LOL!  I'm LOVING these quick and easy cards---I'll definitely be trying more in the future.

Supplies:
Stamps:  My Silly Valentine from Lawn Fawn
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Bazzill cardstock, K and Co. paper, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Offray ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities die, Cuttlebug embossing folder

10 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is adorable! I just also recently got some lawn fawn stamps nd I can't believe I waited so long.

Britta Swiderski said...

Oh! Love the color scheme here and how you combined so many textures. So perfect for a clean and simple card. Thank you for joining us this week at Lawnscaping!

Laurel said...

OH OH! I love this. I love how you incorporated so many textures but still kept it CAS! This is adorable. LOVE the embossed background! :) Your shading on the pear is fab! Thanks for joining us Lawnscaping gals this week!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is SOOOOO cute! I LOVE the embossing folder! Adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping challenge!

Christiana said...

So glad you had fun playing with us at Lawnscaping this week! Your card is super adorable. I just love that fresh shade of green, and I love that embossing folder! Thanks for joining in! :o)

Marie / Legojenta said...

This card is definentaly fruity, I must say! I love that you added pear embossing, it looks just right for the image =) TFS!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh I love the embossing! Simple and sweet : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

-Sarah

Jen Cuthbertson said...

So cute! I love the folder paired with the stamp and your colors are perfect!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute, Jennifer! That bow is perfect, and I love the dry embossed pear background!! Looks great!

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow... the embossing goes SO perfect with the stamp and the colors. What a fabulous card.
I'm so glad you joined us at the Lawnscaping challenge. :)