Thursday, June 23, 2011

Purple Onion is MOXIE FAB!

Hello!  Paper Crafts Magazine is featuring Purple Onion Designs stamps today on their Moxie Fab blog so today I'd love to share a recent project I made with some of the new POD Stephanie Ackerman stamps. 

This card was a bit of an experiment for me---I was playing around with a colour combination that I wasn't quite sure would "work" and then I tried playing around with the stamped image a bit.  I think the finished card has an art journal kind of of look, don't you think? 

I coloured the flower image with my Copics and to change up the look of the image, I took the music backgrounder and stamped on top of the flower part of the image before adding the flower center.    Since I had decided to add a pop of blue to the center of the flower I decided to work with some blue and more purple on the card base.  I stamped the same music backgrounder stamp onto some Core'dinations cardstock and distressed and sanded the edges before adding the panel to some purple cardstock that I embossed with a Tim Holtz music themed embossing folder.  The sentiment on the ribbon is a clear sticker from SRM---they adhere really well to surfaces other than paper. 

Don't forget to stop by the Moxie Fab blog to check out the Purple Onion Designs stamps and rumour has it that there are some free stamps up for grabs :)



Supplies:
Stamps:  Stephanie Ackerman Mixed Middles Flower from Purple Onion Designs, Early 1900s Music Background stamp from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Noir
Papers:  Bazzill cardstock, Core'dinations cardstock, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Offray ribbon, SRM sentiment sticker, Copic markers, Tim Holtz embossing folder

5 comments:

Karenliz said...

Beautiful card. Thats one of my favorite color combinations!

redscrap said...

nice card, nice collor purple
greetings mina

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful vibrant colors and details. fab card, Jennifer!

donna mikasa said...

great card--love the colors!

Julie said...

Love the purple looks great