Friday, June 3, 2011

'Tis not really the season but....

Hello and happy Friday!  I know technically it's not really "the season" (as the sentiment indicates) but I today I'd like to share with you the first creation I made for my guest designer stint at Your Next Stamp

This card illustrates that you don't need a huge collection of Copic markers to colour images.  For this card I only used a total of five Copic markers (one brown for the hair, one for the skin, one for the ice and two for the clothes).  Oops, make that six, I also used grey for the skate blades.  I chose purples to colour the clothing to match the non-traditional winter colours of the Cosmo Cricket "Mitten Weather" collection papers.

Be sure to stop by next week for another YNS card I created for the biweekly challenge.  You can play along to win some great prizes :)


Supplies:
Stamps:  Skating Fun Fhiona from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Neenah cardstock, Cosmo Cricket patterned papers
Accessories:  Offray ribbon, button, Copic markers, Spellbinders die, Quickutz die (bracket shape that holds image), SRM Sticker sentiment, Stickles

2 comments:

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is so fun! I love the non traditional colours and the way you made the ice sparkle! Great layout too!

Kerri said...

Adorable! I just love the colors you used!