Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another baby card and a craft room update

Hello friends!  Today I'd like to share another baby card I made using the Purple Onion Designs Baby Noteblock set. 

When designing this card, I thought a bit outside the box:  typically I would tend to use this style of stamp on a rectangular card but I thought it might look cool to try it on a round card base. I stamped it in pink distress ink onto some white cardstock, matted it onto a scalloped rectangle and then lined up the top with the flat part of the scalloped card base (cut on the Cricut).  I embellished the card with pink ribbon and a flower.

So my tip for the day: Don't be afraid to mix and match shapes on your cards. Don't think that you are limited to using stamps such as the Noteblocks on square or rectangles...play around a bit and you'll be surprised how great it looks! 

A close up of the dimension:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Baby Noteblock from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Spun Sugar Distress Ink from Ranger
Papers:  The Girls Paperie, Georgia Pacific cardstock, Core'dinations cardstock
Accessories:  Offray ribbon, Cricut card base, Recollections flower, Spellbinders Nestabilities, clear embossing powder (large panel embossed with clear powder to make it look darker and a bit of shine)

And finally a quick crafting update.  We moved into our new house about 3 weeks ago now and I'm finally starting to unpack this giant pile of stuff (and yes I have A LOT of stuff!!): 


Into this lovely blank new craft space:

It's been a really SLOW process because I'm trying to sort out and organize as I fill the new space (I was lucky that I was able to pile all the stuff into our guest room and then move it into the empty craft room).  Stayed tuned for some after photos and lots of craftiness coming up!!

2 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love your mixed shapes card--must give that a try! And your new craft room looks awesome!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

wow. yes.. that's a lot of stuff! :))