Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A nice big (6 x 6) baby shower card

One of my friends recently asked me to create a baby shower card for one of her co-workers.  The catch is, it had to be big enough for about 40-50 to sign AND the gender of the baby is a secret so no pink or blue allowed (demanding huh?!?!).  So here's what I came up with---I made a 6" x 6" card base and on the inside I created some "pages" for the people to sign (so it's essentially like a mini album).

Since I didn't really have any gender neutral baby papers on hand, I created my own paper using my baby themed Noteblock stamp from Purple Onion Designs.  It's a bit hard to see in the photo but I added some clear embossing powder to the panel that has the scalloped background. The embossing gives the ink a slight bit of shine and adds a darker tone to the ink which makes it stand out nicely.

I added a paper pieced baby carriage (Quickutz die) and then created a white crepe paper ruffle along the bottom of the card.

I think this design would be great for a little mini album brag book for a shower gift.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Baby Noteblock from Purple Onion Designs
Papers:  White crepe paper, Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink (Sage)
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder (Stampendous), buttons, baby carriage die cut (Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz), Offray ribbon, MFT Dienamics scallop die cut, Spellbinders Nestabilities

5 comments:

Karenliz said...

So beautiful! I love the colors. Perfect neutral card!

Chelle said...

Gorgeous and a great idea to make it more like a mini album.

redscrap said...

realy what a nice card!!
greetings mina

Tracy said...

Just beautiful!

Petti said...

This is so pretty!