Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Super dad!

It was my husband's birthday last week and I decided to get out my new MFT Ribbon and Die set.  I often struggle with making masculine cards so it was a bit of a challenge to come up with a manly theme since I love ribbons, flowers and all things more girly.  As you can see I opted for using stars as my starting point and used some masculine papers which are from an ancient "stack" of paper that I think I've had since the beginning of time (O.K. maybe at least since 2005 LOL!).

What I love about this die/stamp set is that it pairs amazingly well with several of the Spellbinder's dies.  I used the pinking circles and the small scallopped circle dies to add more dimension to my award ribbon.  As you can see in the second photo I also used dimensional tape inbetween several of the layers to make it more 3D.  I'm looking forward to getting lots of use out of this die and stamp set :)

The layout of the card is based on last week's MFT sketch over on Splitcoaststampers ( MFTWSC31).



Supplies:
Stamp and Die set: Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die & Stamp Set from My Favorite Things
Ink: Adirondack Red Pepper, Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: From an old "Stack" (not sure which one but it's REALLY old)
Accessories: Twine, button, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Stickles

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cuteness!!!!! tfs!!

Mara... said...

I love the embossing and that fun rosette ribbon!! Great card!