Monday, August 8, 2011

If life gives you lemons......

....make a card about making lemonade :)

Good morning!  Today I'd like to share with you a card I made using the upcoming release from Purple Onion Designs.  The stamps will be available on August 10th in the "New Release" section of the website.

Today I used a stamp and sentiment from the new bbq set.  It's a bit difficult to see in the photo but I used some liquid glass over the cup and pitcher images to make it look "glassy" and added some shimmer to the ice cubes using Stickles.  I was digging around in my box of embossing folders and came across this citrus one that I actually had no idea I had (it came as part of this set but I hadn't really noticed it before).  To make the sentiment fit on my card I cut it a bit so I could fit it on the panel (just a tip but you can still easily piece them back together when you use them even when they're cut).  The papers are from a small pad of citrus themed papers from K and Company that I got at Michaels on clearance at the end of last summer.

Be sure to stop by the POD blog to see lots more card samples and some of the other new release stamps.

As you can see I used some dimensional adhesive again to give more "pop" to the image and the panel.  I love using this technique on my cards and they are still pretty mailable as long as your embellishments are not too big :)
Supplies:
Stamps:  Michele Clement BBQ set from Purple Onion Designs (available August 10th in the "What's New" section)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black
Papers:  Bazzill cardstock, K and Company (Lemon Citron collection)
Accessories:  Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies, Fiskars border punch, Crystal Lacquer, Stickles, Offray ribbon, button, Copic markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder

2 comments:

Jen said...

This is so cute!

Karenliz said...

Such a great card! I love the summer colors.