Monday, August 1, 2011

It's a lovely day for the beach!

Today in Ontario most people (myself included) are enjoying a LONG weekend (yeah!).  It's a beautiful sunny day outside today which inspired me to share this vintage beach card that I finished on the weekend.

I stamped the summer Noteblock stamp from Purple Onion Designs with blue Distress Ink onto some white cardstock and then I created the distressed background using two shades of brown distress ink and a stipple brush.  Adding the brown ink turned the blue a nice shade of turquiose which was the starting point for the card.  I used the two Noteblock images for the background of the card and then started layering to complete my design.

The papers and "beach" image are from one sheet of double sided paper from Graphic 45.  I used some crinkled ribbon to make it look watery and then just kept gluing some sea shell die cuts (also distressed with ink) and flowers.  I think this is one of those cards that turned out to be a more is more design :)




Supplies:
Stamps:  Summer Noteblock from Purple Onion Designs
Ink: Ranger Distress Inks (Broken China, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo)
Papers:  Graphic 45, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accessories:  Cuttlebug seashell dies, Snug Hug bias tape (died with Tattered Angels sprays), Prima flowers, Prima pearls, My Favorite Things large scalloped die

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a beautiful card!! tfs!!

LeAnne said...

Holy guacamole, this is one AWESOME, AWESOME card! LOVE it!