Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sam and Olive make me smile

"B" is for BEARS!  Here's a look at the new stamps that the talented Stephanie Ackerman designed for this month's release at Purple Onion Designs.  These two cuties are know as Sam and Olive and will be available in the "What's New" section of the POD web site tomorrow.

For my card I wanted to mimic the doodle look of the stamps so I drew a border around the outside of the card base, die heart and arrow and then added my own stitches with a Tombow marker.  The bears were coloured with my Copics, paper pieced and then I attached them to look like they're holding hands.  To check out some more of Stephanie's new stamps, go on over to the POD blog to see more samples from the design team.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Stephanie Ackerman Sam and Olive the bears (two separate stamps) from Purple Onion Designs, sentiment from Photographer set from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Adirondack Espresso, Distress Ink for edges
Papers:  My Mind's Eye
Accessories:  Fiskars scalloped edge punch, large heart die from Lifestyle Crafts (Quickutz), button, twine (The Twinery)

2 comments:

homegrownhospitality said...

love love love! Thank you!!!!

Mara... said...

What a cute cute card!!! Your coloring is amazing and I love the heart behind the two bears!