Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some birdhouses and a POD birthday sale!

Good morning!  First of all I'd like to wish Purple Onion Designs a very HAPPY 8th ANNIVERSARY!! To celebrate this wonderful event, Michele is having a big 25% off sale!!  The sale runs until August 17th and all you have to do is use code: SUM2011 during checkout to receive the 25% off.  What a fabulous time to pick up some of the new summer releases that I shared earlier this week!!



To end off today I'd like to share a simple card I created using some Stephanie Ackerman stamps from POD.  I simply stamped and coloured the birdhouses directly onto the kraft card base and then added a strip of My Mind's Eye paper, some bakers's twine and a button.  I coloured an extra birdhouse for the center, coloured it cut it out and popped it for dimension (yeah, I know I'm obsessed with dimension LOL!).

Thanks for stopping by!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stephanie Ackerman's The Bird House set from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  My Mind's Eye, Gina K kraft cardstock (the cardstock is thick enough that the markers don't soak through so it's perfect for a single layer card)
Accessories:  WRMK Sew Easy baker's twine, button, Copic Markers, Fiskars edge punch

3 comments:

redscrap said...

what a funny nice card
greetings mina

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This card is SUPER DUPER cute--love it!!! And wow! What a great deal over at POD! Must check that out:)

You should enter this card in the current PDCC challenge--these colors match perfectly!!!! http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/2011/08/play-date-cafe-challenge-pdcc94.html LOVE it:)

Emily Leiphart said...

Jennifer, this is stunning! I love your colouring and use of papers. The colour combo is wonderful! I need to check out the POD stamps. I've been holding off. ;)