Friday, October 14, 2011

Another Spooktackular Unity Friday.

Hello and Happy Friday!  Today I'd like to share with you not one but TWO Halloween cards I created for the Unity World Card Making Day challenges.

The first card was for an inspiration challenge (see image in challenge thread ).  I was inspired by the black and white of the inspiration image.  I created the background using a Tim Holtz embossing folder and lightly sanding the surface.  Then I used the spider web stamp as the focal image of the card and added lots of embellishments and a giant die cut spider that I glittered up with some Stickles.


This second card was created for the Halloween challenge.  I used the same spider web image and added some colour with some Distress Inks and a sponge.  Lots of scraps on this card and once again an embossed background.


I'm also linking these cards up for this week's Simon Says Halloween/Goth challenge :)
Supplies (pumpkin card):
Stamps:  Samantha Walker Halloween Traditions set from Unity Stamp Co. , September 2010 Kit of the Month (pumpkins and sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Ranger Dried Marigold Distress Ink, Palette Noir (black)
Papers:  DCWV carstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock, Recollections patterned paper (polka dot), Echo Park patterned paper (stripes)
Accessories:  Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinder's die, American Crafts ribbon, Dienamics scalloped die from My Favorite Things

Supplies (black and white card):
Stamps:  Samantha Walker Halloween Traditions set (Spider Web background) from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers:  DCWV cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock, Echo Park patterned paper
Ink:  Palette Noir
Accessories:  Quickutz spider die, Spellbinders dies, Dienamics scalloped die from My Favorite Things, Pom Pom trim, Martha Stewart twine, button, Tim Holtz embossing folder

19 comments:

NoraAnne said...

I LOVE your spooky cards :) FUN!

Crystal said...

Love your halloween cards, especially the second one with all that orange popping off the card!

Jen W. said...

Love the spider web image over the orange and that glittery spider is fabulous!

Rachel B said...

Absolutely spook-tacular! I love the spider webs and that spider is awesome!

Marsha said...

Really great Halloween cards.

Jingle said...

These are fantastic!

JPScraps said...

Both cards are amazing! I don't really do Halloween cards but, I love that background stamp.

Joni Kix said...

I opened your blog and said "WOW"! I LOVE the cards! I would have never thought to use the spider web stamp as the focal! These are GREAT cards!

Gwen said...

Perfectly spooky! Great details &embellies!

Ruby said...

More nice cards.

Jen said...

These are too cool! I love that first one!

Linda said...

that card very groovey and spookey. great card.

Danie May said...

Both cards are fabulous and I love that you used scraps to create them. My favorite is your first one with the slightly sanded background.

Noelle Reese said...

Love the cards! The spider is a little creepy though LOL

Emily Keaton said...

Those are some seriously cool Halloween cards!! Fantastic. :)

Roslyn said...

Both cards are fabulous! I love all the texture and detail!

Kary said...

Oooo, these are really awesome Halloween cards!! Fabulous colours and designs!

sharon g said...

Great cards. I LOVE HAlloweeeeeennnnnn

Mephisto said...

Really fab creation!
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysStamp this week.

Domi